Funding is made available for teacher education institutions and a list of other organisations. The Erasmus+ programme plans to support the creation of at least 25 Teacher Academies by 2025.
There are no current funding calls available under the Erasmus+ Teacher Academies action. The next call will be published at the end of 2023. This will detail a full list of the types of organisations who are eligible to apply.
In the meantime, interested parties can get an overview of the academies for the action which ran in 2022.
Erasmus+ Teacher Academies aim to
- create networks of communities of practice on teacher education
- offer teachers’ courses, modules and other learning opportunities on EU priorities such as learning in the digital world, sustainability, equality and inclusion
- develop and test different models of mobility in initial teacher education and continuous professional development
- make mobility an integral part of teacher education policies in Europe
- develop sustainable relationships between teacher education providers and other related groups
Each Erasmus+ Teacher Academy will implement activities including
- creating innovative strategies for teachers’ continuous development
- deliver new, challenging joint learning modules on teacher education
- develop a joint learning offer for teachers that includes physical and virtual mobility activities, and identify ways to remove obstacles to mobility
- encourage training schools to test new ways of teaching including distance or blended learning
- research or survey effective practices which can inform policies on teacher education
- promote existing virtual mobility Erasmus+ tools such as eTwinning
Under the 2021 call, the first 11 Academies were awarded a total of €15 million over three years, starting as of 2022.
Under the 2022 call, more Teacher Academies will be awarded funding to provide teachers with learning opportunities, including mobility and access to learning platforms and professional communities, throughout their careers, starting as of 2023.