What is the EU doing to promote innovation in education?
Education institutions, such as schools and universities, have to evolve and adapt to achieve their core mission: to educate students to be successful in a complex and interconnected world that faces rapid technological, cultural, economic and demographic change.
The Commission supports innovation in education through the following initiatives:
- European Network of Innovative Higher Education Institutions (ENIHEI)
- University Business Cooperation and the University-Business Forum
- 'Supporting Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Higher Education'
- Knowledge Alliances
- Higher Education for Smart Specialisation (HESS)
- Digital Education Action Plan
- Working Group on Digital Education: Learning, Teaching and Assessment (DELTA)
- European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
- Entrepreneurship Education