Work starts on the Digital Education Hub Community of Practice
On 14 February 2022, the development of a Digital Education Hub community of practice will begin.
Creating a community of practice
After the evaluation of an open call for tenders, a consortium of 7 partners and 4 subcontractors led by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has been selected to support the development of the Digital Education Hub under the steering of the European Commission and the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
Efforts will focus on the following priorities
- creating a collaborative community of practice
- knowledge-sharing and mapping
- accelerating innovation in digital education
The work of the community
The community of practice will be at the centre of the Digital Education Hub’s activities. It will connect the digital education community by bringing together diverse stakeholders across sectors of education and training.
The community will share expertise, best practices and innovative solutions for digital education and promote co-creation and the effective implementation of digital education.
The community will reflect on best practices gathered and how they can be replicated, mainstreamed and adapted in different contexts. The first outputs of the work of the community will be shared through the European Education Area Portal from May 2022.
About the Digital Education Hub
The Digital Education Hub is an overarching action of the Digital Education Action Plan. It seeks to improve cooperation on digital education at the European Union (EU), national and regional levels, between the different education and training sectors and stakeholders in the private and public sectors, in research, policy and practice.
Beyond the community of practice, the following activities are part of the Digital Education Hub
- the network of National Advisory Services (NAS) - to stimulate dialogue and cooperation on the implementation of digital education polices
- the Support, Advanced Learning and Training Opportunities (SALTO) resource centre for digital education - to provide guidance and training to National Agencies of Erasmus on matters related to digital education, and guidance and tools to the beneficiaries of the programme
- the Digital Education Hackathon - to engage stakeholders in user-driven innovation
Find out more about the Digital Education Hub