For the second edition of the Digital Education Accelerator, 21 teams from 12 countries submitted their proposed innovation projects. The themes for the innovative digital education solutions this year were:
- Interoperability in (digital) education
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in digital education
- Open track for solutions in digital education
Meet the selected teams
- Annie Advisor (Finland): prevents dropouts and improves student well-being with a proactive support bot for secondary and higher education
- Empo(Estonia): career-oriented social network that matches students' interests with tech careers before committing to a university
- Orbit8 (Latvia): personalised career assistant for children, detects natural talents to suggest optimal learning and professional directions
- Gooliver (Lithuania): Edit.ai helps teachers create unique project descriptions for problem-based learning for 5–12 graders through artificial intelligence (AI)
- MiTale (Finland): My First Calendar is a speech therapy app in which children describe their daily lives, while parents and therapists follow the progress
- Reactored (Finland): AI-La, helps teachers to build interactive language exercises based on the provided text and instructions by AI automation
- denMACH ONE (Denmark): an “Internet of Things” (IoT) modem for secondary level students who learn about real-world cases via satellite communication
- Scoolsy (Lithuania): personalized learning platform with subject matrixes, individual goal setting and learning analytics for students up to grade 12
These solutions cater to primary education, secondary education, vocational education and training (VET) sector, higher education, special needs education, adult education, workplace education, employability support, non-formal education, home schooling and speech therapy.
A growth programme for education innovators
The Digital Education Accelerator is a 6-month long growth programme. It helps to boost creativity, foster innovation, and encourage cutting-edge educational projects to thrive. Participants receive support from programme coaches and mentoring from international experts in pedagogy and business.
The selected solutions are also tested and validated in a unique environment tailored to the requirements of each team. Teams can choose between testing in an innovation lab or in a real-life setting. In both cases, real testers will engage with the prototypes directly through hands-on activities.
Keen to join?
The European Digital Education Hub is the community for education practitioners from all sectors to cooperate, share good practices, and meet like-minded professionals.
If you are interested in joining the next edition of the accelerator or are interested in digital education, make sure to join the Hub community!