With its “Teachers as Researchers” activities, the Hub facilitates collaborative knowledge sharing and knowledge building processes on a European scale.
All educators (teachers, school principals, designers, instructional coaches, etc.) from all sectors are invited to join.
This can significantly benefit individual practices and professional discussions.
Three key pillars
The “Teachers as Researchers” activities are based on three key pillars:
- collaborative investigation of educational practices, by identifying and describing common challenges and actions
- experimentation of these actions, by collecting observations of their impacts and results in feedback reports
- comparative analysis of feedback as a synthesis to solve the identified challenge
Every stage includes a peer-review process by other educators from the community.
Outcomes so far
Challenges discussed so far include how to
- evaluate learners’ work during distance teaching
- engage inclusively all learners in distance learning tasks
- find the right symbiosis between digital tools and special needs learners
- teach digital skills to learners at beginner level, including those using digital tools in their learning process for the first time
Actions suggested so far include
- clarifying instructions with a video, including concrete examples
- tracking learners’ progress with regular non-graded short quizzes related to specific parts of the lessons, including direct feedback via digital tools
- training educators on how to
- create appropriate and accessible multimodal materials
- adopt a “Universal Design for Learning” approach in their educational context
- 16-17-18 November 2022 (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- 30 November (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.), 1 December (1.30 p.m. - 3.30 p.m.), 2 December 2022 (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- 14-15-16 December 2022 (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- 11-12-13 January 2023 (1.30 p.m. - 3.30 p.m.)
- 1 February (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.), 2 February (9 a.m. - 11 a.m.), 3 February 2023 (2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
All times are in CET, Central European Time.
How to join
Are you working in digital education and facing challenges? Do you want to engage in the collaborative investigation and gathering of good educational practices with your peers?
Join the Hub today, then visit the Teams channel "Teachers as Researchers".