The objectives of the Award are to
- celebrate the achievements of teachers and schools and to give credit to their work
- identify and promote outstanding teaching and learning practices
- provide means for mutual learning
- highlight the value of the Erasmus+ programme for collaboration between teachers at the European level and the establishment of the European Education Area
Like the Erasmus+ Teacher Academies, this new initiative supports teachers and trainers in their careers by promoting professional excellence, networks and communities of practice, as well as learning together through European cooperation projects.
Categories and selection
In each Erasmus+ programme country, projects will be awarded in the following 4 categories
- early childhood education and care
- primary education
- secondary education
- vocational education and training (VET) schools
The Erasmus+ National Agencies are responsible for the selection of winning projects through either a direct selection of awardees, by short-listing potential awardees or publishing an open call. For more information on the selection process in your country, please consult the relevant National Agency website.
The Award will have a different thematic focus each year. It will recognise teachers and schools who have addressed through their projects an annual topic related to the general priorities of the Commission.
2023 edition: Education and Innovation
The theme of the third edition is ‘Education and Innovation’ and is connected to the European Year of Skills. The theme explores the introduction of existing and emerging technologies in the contemporary education systems.