The objectives of the Award are to
- celebrate the achievements of teachers and schools and to give credit to their work
- identify and promote outstanding teaching and learning practices
- provide means for mutual learning
- highlight the value of the Erasmus+ programme for collaboration between teachers at the European level and the establishment of the European Education Area
Like the Erasmus+ Teacher Academies, this new initiative supports teachers and trainers in their careers by promoting professional excellence, networks and communities of practice, as well as learning together through European cooperation projects.
Categories and selection
In each Erasmus+ programme country, projects will be awarded in the following 4 categories
- early childhood education and care
- primary education
- secondary education
- vocational education and training (VET) schools
The Erasmus+ National Agencies are responsible for the selection of winning projects through either a direct selection of awardees, by short-listing potential awardees or publishing an open call. For more information on the selection process in your country, please consult the relevant National Agency website.
The Award will have a different thematic focus each year. It will recognise teachers and schools who have addressed through their projects an annual topic related to the general priorities of the Commission.
2022 European Innovative Teaching Award
For 2022, the thematic focus of the Award is ‘Learning together, promoting creativity and sustainability’. This topic is related to the New European Bauhaus initiative.
On 22 September 2022, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, Mariya Gabriel, announced the 98 winners for the 2022 edition in the four categories.
The activities of the 2022 edition culminate in the second official European award ceremony on 25 October 2022. This will be held in a hybrid mode in Brussels and streamed online.
Follow the Award
Stay up-to-date with the latest on the European Innovative Teaching Award by following